This is my Masters Class in Dating, founded by Tamara Duricka Johnson. The goal is to get back to the basics of dating, by going on first dates in June. Each date will be a first date. I will write about it afterward. We'll hopefully have fun and come out as at least friends.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Grant

This morning a friend and I traveled down to Wichita for a set of dates. First up was Grant, a special education teacher who is a mad KU sports fan (despite going to Wichita State).

We met at our mutual friends' place and from there went to breakfast at Jimmy's Egg. It was incredibly delicious, as breakfast is the best meal of the day. We had good conversation as I chowed down on biscuits and gravy and hash browns. And yes, I talked about my fat cat named Biscuit; she is awesome and always warrants a mention on any first date. There was talk of movies, our families, our jobs.

From breakfast we headed to Sedgewick County Park, a pretty sweet place. However, it was downcast and rain was threatening. We walked around, me wanting to pet all the dogs we passed. He took me to a playground in the park that was built for special education children. It was by far the coolest playground I have ever been to! With thunder rolling and raindrops falling we left early to not get caught in a downpour.

I always like hearing why people have chosen a specific career path. Grant is in a field that is mostly populated by women. He was going to teach music. One day, however, while working as a para he had a little boy give him a hug and talk with him, and right then he knew he wanted to work with special ed children. He told really great stories of the kids he works with. I got the feeling that he really loves his job and the kids he works with. He makes a difference and that's awesome.

Grant is really easy to talk to and has a quick reply for everything. He is sure of himself and what he's doing. He worked his schedule around when I had gotten the timeframe confused, for which I am very thankful. An easy-going nature is always pleasant to be around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy