This is my Masters Class in Dating, founded by Tamara Duricka Johnson. The goal is to get back to the basics of dating, by going on first dates in June. Each date will be a first date. I will write about it afterward. We'll hopefully have fun and come out as at least friends.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Jeremy

I knew right away I'd like Jeremy. There had been a phone number miscommunication, and by the time I got his correct number and called it was nearly six o'clock. Our plans were to attend a Royals game. That started at 7:10. In Kansas City. When he answered the phone, and I urgently explained why I was just now calling him, he wasn't phased at all. He just rolled with it, offered to still meet me at the game (he was already in KC), and was overall positive about it.

Jeremy is a professor at Emporia State University, where he teaches violin and viola and conducts the orchestra. His life has been busy as he finished school and started his career, and he's just now finding time for a social life. He recently had been traveling to various beaches, as the summer is when he has the most free time. He's also a Royals fan, and was able to answer not only my questions but those of the kid in front of us. We also agree that booing the opposing team is uncalled for.

Baseball games are a good sporting event for a date--it's easy to sit and chat while the game is going on and not miss too much. Jeremy is real and authentic in what he says and does; I felt like I was just myself the whole evening. We cheered and talked and even tried to get on the jumbotron by dancing in our seats. Unfortunately, we never made it. We were also attacked by the massive amount of bugs that were enjoying the warm weather with us.

The Royals made an epic (maybe not quite epic) comeback in the 9th to extend the game into extra innings. Sadly, though, the Royals couldn't keep their magic going and lost the game in the 11th inning. It didn't matter though because we had a great time anyway.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy