This is my Masters Class in Dating, founded by Tamara Duricka Johnson. The goal is to get back to the basics of dating, by going on first dates in June. Each date will be a first date. I will write about it afterward. We'll hopefully have fun and come out as at least friends.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Nick

My second favorite thing about summertime is movies in the park. I finally discovered where this was happening in Topeka. I knew that at some point I'd want to take a date to one of these. Enter Nick.

Nick lives in Lawrence, having moved there with his family when he was 15. For about three years he was pretty angry about this (who wouldn't be after living in California?!). However, he likes it enough now that he even came back after a short stint in Pittsburgh. Since we were seeing a movie, I asked him what kind of movies he generally likes to watch. He said he doesn't see a lot in the theater, and when he does it's almost always a comic-book movie (his favorite). However, we differed a lot  on which comic book movies we like!

One that we did agree on--Captain Ameria: Winter Soldier. The ones we didn't agree on: the new Spiderman movies(he's boycotting them because he liked the originally trilogy and saw no reason to reboot it; I slightly agreed on this point, but still like the first new one); The Dark Knight (I don't dislike it, but I also don't love it). He was also able to pull out a Friends reference, which was pretty darn awesome.

There were a ton of bugs as we sat in the park watching Men in Black 3 (which I surprisingly really liked), but it was awesome anyway. Nick is a cool dude and I'm glad we got the chance to get to know each other better.


1 comments:

jeff said...

Were the bugs like this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asRi8LcdAus

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy