This is my Masters Class in Dating, founded by Tamara Duricka Johnson. The goal is to get back to the basics of dating, by going on first dates in June. Each date will be a first date. I will write about it afterward. We'll hopefully have fun and come out as at least friends.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Will

A great night of Greek food in Lawrence with Will. Will and I go to church together, but I've never had a chance to get to know him. We've exchanged hellos and a few conversations at after-church activities. However, I wouldn't say I ever really knew him. He's a PhD student studying chemistry at KU. Right now he's doing a lot of research, and hopefully won't have to teach next school year. When he's done with his PhD he's thinking of going to med school.

Will also grew up on a farm, which I think is pretty cool. I think living on farms and doing farm work is very romantic, and has a warm-fuzzy feeling attached to it. He talked of raising cows and the accomplishment and joy you get when you take them to the butcher (I know not everyone appreciates this, but I love hamburgers and am so thankful for cows). However, when I look at Will I would never think "farmer". And he's not really, it's his dad who has the love-affair of living on a farm.Will is pretty busy with school, and says he doesn't go out a lot. As he put it "There's 7  million people on this planet, why should I have to talk with people I don't like." I completely agree, however we both realized that sometimes to be a professional at work you have to be polite to those you don't like.

We chatted about all sorts of things, and it was a nice pleasant evening. We topped off the night with ice cream (because I never turn it down). 

What's great is now I can see him at church and feel like I know him.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie, this lack of photos is unacceptable. I have come to look forward to them, and I'm being disappointed. I say it isn't a date without ice cream AND a picture!!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy